Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

All I want for Christmas is.......

You!

That sums it up all I want. To be able to see our sweet Andrew's face and be able to love him and let him know HE HAS A FAMILY!
Really if I could fly to China and just hold him for one day and love him and let him know we are coming to bring him home, It would make my heart burst with joy.
Then I would grieve when I had to leave so it's probably best we not do that and just wait.
My heart aches to have him home. We aren't complete without him. Something is missing and it will always be missing until he is home.

I know this is all in God's timing and PRAISE him that it is but I still want him here.
This entire adoption is in God's hands. He formed Andrew and created him to be the perfect little boy he is and he knew what Andrew's life was going to be.
He KNEW he would spend 4 Christmases without us but he also KNEW he would have a family. A family who is going to love him constantly and never ever leave him. God knew the plan for this precious little boys life and knows what is to come. Thank God for that. I am so blessed and I can not wait for Andrew to be here. Oh what a glorious day that is going to be! I can not wait!

Keep Praying because there is a chance that we could be
IN CHINA A MONTH FROM TODAY!
{Clarification: NO set date :: we just pray....very hard and a lot!}
ooh goodness that gives me chills!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Pray!!!!!!

"He knows my name He knows my every thought He sees each tear that falls And He hears me when I call"

{such an amazing song.}
Here is a song we heard on the way home from my Nana's house the other night. I wanted to cry. This could be Andrew.....



All I Really Want For Christmas

Well, I don't know if you remember me or not
I'm one of the kids they brought in from the home
I was the red-haired boy in an old, green flannel shirt
You may not have seen me, I was standing off alone

I didn't come and talk to you 'cause that's never worked before
And you'll probably never see this letter, anyway
But just in case there's something you can do to help me out
I'll ask you one more time

All I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose, shoulders to ride on if I win
There's so much I could ask for, but there's just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family

Well, I guess I should go ahead and tell you now
If it's really true about that list you have
Somehow I always seem to end up in a fight
But I'm really trying hard not to be bad

But maybe if I had a brother or a dad to wrestle with
Maybe they could teach me how to get along
And from everything I've heard, it sounds like the greatest gift on earth
Would be a mom

All I want for Christmas is someone who'll be here
To sing me happy birthday for the next 100 years
And It's okay if they're not perfect or even if they're a little broken
That's alright, 'Cause so am I

Well, I guess I should go, it's almost time for bed
Maybe next time I write you I'll be at home

'Cause all I really want for Christmas is someone to tuck me in
Tell me I'll never be alone, someone whose love will never end
Of all that I could ask for, well, there's just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family


Tears Yet?
Yeah me too.


2 comments:

Robin said...

You have taken to words from my mouth. This is a hard Christmas for us too being without our son. I love this post! I also pray that we all can be in China in 1 month. Thanks for writing this post Ashton.

Kristi said...

That song has always brought me tears... I long for the day that Darcy is home with us ~ her forever family!
Praying that you are indeed in China a month from now and that we are hot on your tracks!