Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Waiting Child

I saw you meet your child today
You kissed your baby joyfully
And as you walked away with her
I played pretend you’d chosen me.

I’m happy for the baby, yet
Inside I’m aching miserably
I want to plead as you go by,
“Does no-one want a child of three?”

I saw you meet your child today
But this time there was something new
A nurse came in and took my hand
And then she gave my hand to you.

Can this be true? I’m almost four!
And there are infants here you see?
But then you kissed me and I knew
The child you chose this time was me.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I love this poem its so close to my heart to. It makes me sad to know that there are children waiting to be chosen to become part of a family after years of watching other children leave with their forever family. Thank God are siblings only have a few more months to wait before joining their families.

Dita said...

Beautiful post, Ashton. I am so excited for your new DiDi! Congratulations!

You did an awesome job on this blog too!