Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

Best parts about Beijing


Some of my favorite and most memorable things about Beijing:

• The people. So sweet
• GOTCHA DAY :: Sweet Andrew Hudson (:
• The fact that my sweet little brother lived here.
• Anna Grace's sweet and willing heart. She has accepted him. Even though this little boy rocked this Chicks boat...hard.
• Hearing Christian music in McDonalds. It is China and McDonalds. Pretty Awesome.
• Shopping. So much fun!!
• Bartering!! Has to be #1 on my favorite things to do! (:
• Kathleen bringing me Hay-gen Dazs (Häagen-Dazs) I know how to say it but I like it the other way better ;)
• NO SCHOOL....Already dreading coming back to that. and that make-up work.
• The music. All of the music you hear around here is so beautiful.
• The Safety. I could safely walk around Wangfujing street alone and not feel threatened. Can't say the same at home.
• Perfect Picture places. This isn't big for some but for me...Oh I love it!
• The view. It is so pretty-better yet GORGEOUS here!!
• The sights to see. Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, and Olympic Village were all amazing!!!
• Pandas. I think they are so cool and would love to go like hug one even though it would probably kill me.
• Rice. It is my best friend. I would have starved without it.
• Cold drinks. Without Ice anything with some form of coldness is wonderful.
• Sunsets. No words to describe.
• The Support we have from our group. Our travel group is the best!!

This time in Beijing has been truly amazing and I am really going to miss it. I am excited for home and for Guangzhou. But I hate to leave here. I do not want to let this trip end. It has been great so far....

Signing off for the last time from Beijing. ): ): (tears)

Wangfujing Hotel - Beijing, China - January 29, 2010 - 10:31 PM
Ashton

5 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! What an amazing journey to your little man! It sounds like you are having a fabulous time!

Holly said...

It sounds like you guys have had a wonderful time so far!! Praying that your time in Guangzhou will be just as great! Btw i have really enjoyed your daily posts and pictures! Andrew is so adorable!!!

Sharon said...

Sounds like Beijing is really amazing! I hope to visit there one day. :) Was their snow at all when you were there? We are getting snow here, believe it or not!

Jean said...

Congratulations on your new little brother! He is adorable! Looks like you all are having fun!!
Blessings on your journey!
Jean

Selina said...

Ashton,

Thank you for sharing your trip from your point of view. We loved Beijing as well and my favorite part was the bargaining too!! Praying for your family as you finish up the paperwork in GZ. Your little brother is adorable and we look forward to meeting your family in person some day.

Blessings and hugs across the sea,
Selina