Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Forbidden City... no pictures :(

Today was great....Until 7:00 pm.....Sigh.
To start with the good part....
We got up and left the hotel at 9:30 for the Forbidden City. We walked through a beautiful new park that the name is escaping me at the moment.....It was amazing. Once we got to the Forbidden City an hour later the sight was beautiful. Well worth the walk. The place where the Emperors of China lived. Amazing. The arcitecture was awesome too. I just can't believe we are here, Exploring here again. It is just as amazing as it was last time. The history behind all of this is so cool! Some of the concrete was unevened and cracked which of course for me made great pictures. Andrew loved walking and talking to everything and everyone. He and Anna Grace were less photographed today. I secretly believed they missed it. (: We walked to lunch at the Redwall Hotel and ate. It was pretty good. But ya know Chinese food does get kind of old after 5 days of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. lol. We got back to the hotel at 2:00 and My Mom, Mema, Kathleen, and I went shopping in Beijing to find Andrew a pair of shoes and to just look around. It was quite funny while walking around WangFuJing street. We were the only Americans. Not only were we the only Americans but we also stopped by Haagen Dazs icecream in 30 degree Fahrenheit weather...It had some humor. We got so many looks. At one point a guy took our picture!! Oh the joys of Beijing....I love it. (really really, no sarcasm) Once we got back to the hotel everyone got ready and we headed to the HighFlying Acrobatic Show!! It was AMAZING!! They flipped and ran. The tricks they did were amazing. I hurt watching them! Oh my..... Andrew and Anna Grace seemed intrigued by it all and it was too funny....They clearly LOVED it all!!!
Now to the not so happy part.....
On the way to dinner we ended up stopping at the hotel letting some families stay there while some walked to KFC....Well I had the backpack. This backpack had the following : 2 Nikons , Crackers, Drinks, Money, Video Camera, and the list continues.... Well me being my smart self I LEFT THE BAG ON THE BUS!! Everything....Ugh. To say I am mad at my self is an understatement. We told Helen and she immediately called the Bus Driver. He found the bag and said he would keep it until tomorrow....I am so thankful for this but I am asking you all to pray that we get this backpack and all of its belongings back...I seriously feel sick about it....Ugh.
Hopefully will send pictures tomorrow.
Ashton

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So glad that the bag is accounted for! Sounds like another wonderful day!