Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Summer Palace and Olympic Park!!!
















Today was another amazing day. I mean it has probably been one of the best so far. So this is going to be long because I want to remember every detail....At 9:00 we got on the bus and headed to the Summer Palace. It was beautiful!!!! Once we got there we walked around, took some pictures, and shopped a little. My favorite part was when we "ice skated" or "ice walked" on the lake. It was soo much fun! I didn't fall which was huge for me! Andrew thought it was the coolest and decided to run away once we let him down. It took a few minutes but we finally caught him (: He laughed and laughed (: After we left the Summer Palace we went to lunch at the Wajing Restaurant. It was a buffet and served some really weird food. Your drink options were Strawberry, Banana, Grapefruit, or Raspberry. I chose to pay 10 Yuan for a coke. Anyways, after we went their we went to the Pearl Market which was a joke as it was government owned and wayyyy out of our price range. Then off to the Olympic Village!!! Talk about amazing...China apparently spent the most money preparing for the olympics and for me to be able to see the Water Cube and Bird's Nest made my week, year, month, and forever (: Once we got back to the room we decided to go to Outback and Shopping with the P family and Y family! We went to the children's store and got Andrew a new pair of shoes. It would melt your heart to see his face when he got them. He LOVES them! He hasn't taken them off. We got Mickey Mouse because that is the only pair in his size. Works for us until we get home. (: We then headed to Outback....It was delicious!! (Or maybe I am just overly hungry haha) Afterwards we went to my heaven, the shopping alley!!! At first sight it is a food market with Starfish, Sea Horses, Scorpions and Lord only knows what else but if you go a little deeper.....It is a full fledge mini Guangzhou. My Mom and I's mouth was probably watering.... It is just so much fun and I remembered why I loved this place so much!!! Oh my gosh....people!! I got a mirror, a scroll painting, a fan, and some wooden China dolls! I am planning on going back tomorrow and the next day!! Eeek. Shopping makes me happy. (haha) I cannot wait for Guangzhou! Panda Zoo and More Shopping tomorrow (:
Oh and a fun fact....We were looking at Andrew's clothes from the orphanage that he came to us in and his pants have a R on it!! (I attached a picture) How cool is that? God just does certain things to just give you a nudge and let you know you are in his will (Or at least that is how I look at it :)
Ashton

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That picture of Andrew and Anna Grace all snuggled up warmed my heart. Makes me think of when Kylie and Caleb met in China...
Oh, and the lake at the Summer Palace was frozen when we were there in February 2007, but we weren't brave enough to try to walk on it. How fun!

Jodee said...

What an amazing journey! Sweet pictures!

Jodi said...

Love all of the pictures!You write so well, Ashton, it makes me feel like I am there with you! Wish I was! Glad you all are having such a wonderful trip! I know it is exhausting, but the memories you are making will last a lifetime. Following everyday with anxious excitement! Love you all!!!!

TanyaLea said...

Ashton I just love reading your journaling of this trip and seeing all the great photos. Your enthusiasm is contageous. I will be picking your brain before we travel to Khloe. Did I tell you we got our LOA on Monday! Yippeee Jesus!! God is good!

Keep those photos coming and share a pic of all your 'goods' from your little shopping excursions! Sounds like so much FUN!!!

Hugs,
Tanya